Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Long Overdue Update (warning image heavy)

Ok, ok, I know I am way behind on updating my blog but I just haven't been in the mood to post an update or really be at the computer to much.  The good news is I have given up playing facebook games, tired of the error messages and tired of the endless clicking so they went bye bye and you know what I do not miss them and I find that I have more stitching time, gee imagine that, LOL.

Now on to the fun stuff.  Before the ends of last year I started a new project, not a stitching one but a fun one none the less.  There is a wonderful new wood shop near me called Wood Creations and they have all kinds of unpainted wood to paint for the holidays and every day stuff too.  I fell in love with the word HOME, a simple word but each month instead of the O in the word you put a fun shape.  A pumpkin for November, an ornament for December, a snowflake for January and a heart for February.  For a few of them I have just painted them but for the snowflake and the heart I actually used scrap book paper to cover them.  I am really loving this project and its a nice break from stitching.  I used to do lots of painting so its fun to get back into it a little.  The word is perched high above on wall that does not go all the way to the ceiling, I have vaulted ceiling in part of my house.



 


Bet your wondering if I have any stitching to share, well of course I do.  I've started 2 monthly series, the first is by Sunflower Seeds and is called Month by Month.  I am stitching them using DMC threads on 32 count Country Mocha linen.  I have a frame picked out that I plan to use for the entire series and I will simply swap them out each month.


The next series if actually a Dimensions kit called A year of Events #35235.  I changed the white aida farbic for a white 28 count linen and I am stitching them each separately.  I have not decided yet how I am going to finish them.  They will probably end up being an ornament.


Nope I am not done yet.  This is a series from Val's Stitching stuff called Kitty's changing seasons.  They stitched up really quick and I was able to finish the entire series in a few days.  Finished size on each one is less then 2 inches squared.


Two last things...  Bent Creeks Red and White stitched on a 28 count queen annes lace linen and a little heart humbug.  The humbug was in the Feb 2011 Janie Hubble newsletter and its stitched on a 28 count Jamica sparkle linen.



I think that is everything that I have been stitching this year.  Well there is one more thing but I will try to post it later this week.  I have decided to work on several old WIPs and kits that I bought the past few years.  I am trying not to add to much to my stash and work on what I have for at least the first half of the year, we'll see if I actually stick to it. 

1 comment:

Christina said...

I really like your wood work. Great job on it. Congrats on your stitchy finishes.