Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last of the Halloween stuff and a Halloween Surprise

I cannot believe that the month of November is already here and we are 10 days into it, where is time going these days??  I've been staying busy with projects and looking forward to the holidays.  I finished the last of my Halloween project and I am so excited that I am done with the AAN Spider Banner.  I was surprised at how quick it actually worked up even if I didn't get it made into a wall hanging this year.  I've stored the project with the fabric I picked out to go with it so I can hopefully get it done in time for next Halloween.


Update- Forgot to post what fabric I used- 28 ct Autumn Fields from Zweigart using DMC floss.


I mentioned in a previous post that I found a new quilt store in my area and that I love their projects.  One local product that they have is little mini quilt wall hangings that you applique fabric and add buttons too.  This is one called Spell Gone Wrong and I just love it.  I am doing a few of these little quilts with some friends and they are lots of fun.


I've also managed to get a few projects done for Thanksgiving.  One is from CEC and is a cute little turkey acorn and the other is from Trilogy and is called Thanksgiving Spots.  I love the spots series and I am slowly getting all of them done.



One last thing.  Some of you know that I have lots of pets including several tortoise and this year on Halloween I was surprised to get a baby hatching .  I have named it Punkin and its the only baby that is going to hatch this year.  The other hopeful egg did not hatch and the other day we opened it to see that the baby died late in development which does happen.  Lucky for the new baby it will have 4 older siblings from last year to keep it company.  Punkin is going well and is eating great.  He/Shes cage is right next to its siblings and I hope in a few months that I can put them in the same cage, right now Punkin is just to little to be with the bigger torties who enjoy climbing over each other.

First picture was taken on Halloween night and shows the baby with just its head out of the egg.  The egg is about the size of a ping pong ball.


The next picture was taken 2 days later after it was ready to come out of the incubator.  I just love the little face.  Look close on the bottom and you will see the last of the egg yoke still there.


This picture shows the new baby at 1 day old next to its 13 month old sibling.  Its amazing how much they grow in a year.  That is a quarter in between them so you can get a better idea on their sizes.


Well that is it for now.  Hope you were not to bored with the tories, I know not everyone gets as excited as I do about my reptiles.  My next projects are ornament for my sister for Christmas and I am working on an older Prairie Schooler chart right now as a last minute fall project.  I have ton of items I want to get stitched for Christmas, lets hope I find time to work on them.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I just saw your AAN on TSV - well done!!! I love that fabric for that!! Your other projects are really great, as well - that Turkey Acorn is so cute!!

Love the tortie pics - we had turtles for a while (red-eared sliders), but after the heron cleaned out our pond, I think the turtles headed out for safer waters...

Josephine said...

I love looking at your Blog. All the stitching is great. Well Done. Can't wait for the next installment.

ArchangelDecker said...

Your AAN Is absolutely stunning! What fabric did you use? It sets it off beautifully!

Sharona said...

sorry to hear about the other tortie not hatching. well done on the spider banner, love the turkey acorn.

Wendy Y. said...

I edited my post to include the fabic I used but thought I would post it here as well- 28 ct Autumn Fields from Zweigart. Finished size of the project is about 9 inches by 25 inches.