Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Mouse, Buttons and Voodoo??

I feel like a headless chicken whose been split in half going many directions.  Between getting ready for my son to go back to school and many other things I have managed a little stitch time.  I have been working on the VooDoo girl from Haberdashery Designs.  I decided not to use the floss it called for which was the Krienik glow in the darks and instead I am using the DMC florescent floss.  I am really liking the results and its making the project more cheerful looking.  So why am I working on a voodoo doll??  Well for one thing I love Halloween and the next thing I think when I add black wings to her she is going to look great on top of my Halloween tree.  Here is my progress so far.


I finished this little cutie about a week ago and I am really happy with how it looks.  This is Mirerva's Mouse from Just Nan.  I could not afford to get the actually kit that came with the pretty owl so I managed to buy just the pattern at an online auction.  I just couldn't see paying $65.00 for it even though I know its well worth it.  This was a really fun, quick stitch and I plan to stitch it again on dark fabric.  Her tail is the DMC memory thread and the button I found at a local fabric store.



I love buttons and thought it would be fun to show you my buttons.  I keep them in a basket that I bought at a thrift store but I think I will need a new basket soon since this one is looking a little over loaded.


I love these little bags.  Each bag holds a different holiday or season of buttons.


This box sits in the bottom of the basket and has 12 little jars that hold all my little buttons.



And here is the rest of the buttons that hide in my basket.   Every time I go to a craft store I have to look at the buttons to see if there is anything else I can add to my basket.



Happy stitching and maybe next time I will have another finish to share.  I have been pulling Halloween and Fall designs to stitch, just need to decide which one to stitch next.

3 comments:

Josephine said...

Your mouse is gorgeous. The Voodoo Doll is coming along nicely and the colours really pop. You have so many buttons you could open your own button shop.

Beth said...

I love both your pieces, but that mouse is fantastic!! I have recently started growing a button collection to add to my stash. There are just too many cute ones out there to pass up!!

Erik D Shipley said...

I like the voodoo colors. That mouse is cute. DMC sent me some of their memory thread. I just sat and stared at it..like "what the heck am I suppose to do with this?" LOL. But..but...I did come up with an idea so I am happy.