Thursday, August 25, 2011

A few finishes to share and a choice to make.

Decided it was time for an update now that the kids are back in school.  My son started 1st grade this year and so far he is really liking it and I really like his teacher.  I have been trying to go to sleep sooner now that I have to be up at 7am to get him to school so I have not been able to stay up until 2am stitching like I used to.  I am really not a morning person at all, I am a serious night owl.  I am sure I will get used to it sooner or later.

I did manage to finish my voodoo girl.  I am still undecided on if I like her with her hair so maybe your comments will help me decide on it.  First picture shows her with her hair.  I had it braided at first but really didn't like it so I took the braids out and I kinda like how she looks now with it all wild and frizzy.


This one shows her with the hair tucked behind.  Please be honest and tell me which one you like better.  I am still thinking I will be putting black wings on her when I put her on my Halloween tree.  Maybe I will wait until I get her wings on and see what I think then.


And just for the fun of it, here is what she looks like under a black light.  Its a little blurry but you get the point.


I have also finished a few Christmas items.  The cute peppermint acorn is a freebie from Hand Blessings that can be found in a newsletter online at My Fiberworks, I think its the Nov 2009 issue.


This reindeer is called cute as a button and can be found in the UK Cross Stitcher issue 220.  It came as a kit with the magazine and I wanted to get it stitched before I forgot which one it came with.


I should be starting my Halloween stitching next, but may work on my Tree of Stitches WIP as well since I am really behind on it.  Oh to many projects so little time.

2 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

I really like her with the hair. She looks very wild!


Great job on all of your stitching! :)

chicago.mermaid said...

I have the Voodoo Girl and Boy patterns. Plus, I also bought the glow in the dark Kreiniks. I love yours...with or without the hair. It looks fantastic. I have to just get over that fear that I don't know how to finish her off in a pillow!