Monday, July 11, 2011

Not a stitch in Sight

Wow its been a while since I last updated and I hate to say that I do not have a stitchy update this time and its all Crystal's fault,  LOL just kidding.  Crystal told me that I should check out the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris.  These are the books that the HBO series TrueBlood is based off of and I can tell you that the books are different than the show but then what show or movie based off books isn't.  The books are much cleaner, sex, language ect. and the story lines are really good.  I am about to start book 10 in the series.  My family went camping over the 4th of July for 10 days and the only reason I got any stitching done was the fact that I ran out of books to read on day 5 of the trip.  Even with not being able to read I didn't get much stitching done.  Oh well I hope to actually pick up a needle sometime tonight, wish me luck.

A few of my online friends know that I like to collect Tea for One sets.  This is where the teacup and teapot nest together.  Most of mine make up something cute like a snowman, flowers or some other cute holiday item but others are just very pretty.  My husband and my Mother in Law have helped out my collection of the years and I finally decided to take pictures of them and post them in my online album.  I am not going to bore you with the descriptions of all 29 tea sets in my collections but I will post a few of my favorites and then you can check out the rest at my webshots album if you like.

I honestly cannot tell you which one I got first because I have been collecting them for about 12 years now but I think it was one of the snowmen.  My Fat Cat one is one of my favorites.  I fell in love with it in a hospital gift shop when I was visiting a friend there once.  I mentioned it to my husband and he got it for me.  I actually have a pet cat that looks a lot like this one too.


This one is the most unique one I have and its also the cheapest one I bought.  I payed $1.00 for it at a local dollar store.  Notice that there are 2 shouts and the penguins hat also comes off for a 3rd container.


The last one that I want to share with you is one of the ones given to my by my Mother in Law.  I love hydrangeas but they do not grow well in Northern Utah so I can only enjoy then when I visit California.


If you want to see more of my collections please visit my Webshots album- CraftyBasenji's Teapots 

I hope to have a stitchy update next time.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

oo I've got one that says "tea for one ..lol ... love the penguin one and the hydrangea is very pretty too :0 love mouse xxxxx

socialsue said...

Love the penguin tea set. Now I know why u wanted to stitch the teapot and teacup per month .... LOL

socialsue