Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Stash Enhancement

Its been a crazy few days around here.  We decided to get a new TV with the tax money which resulted in redoing the entire family room.  The TV is now on a different wall and we spent several days cleaning and dusting which of course set all of our allergies off, but the end result looks nice.  We are also getting a new couch which will arrive the end of May sometime, just wait until you see my nice new comfy stitching spot.

I've never mentioned this but I have the best Hubby in the world.  Not only does he put up with my crazy addiction to cross stitching but he helps me with it as well.  For the past few years a lot of my stitching stash has ended up in the family room stored in tacky looking plastic boxes and since we were redoing the family room I wanted it to look nice.  While looking for shelves to put or DVD's on I fell in love with a cabinet that I figured was perfect for my stash.  After a little convincing I managed to talk my hubby into getting it for me and I totally love it.

This is what it looked like before.  There is a box for linen and another for Aida fabric, various boxes with specialty floss, metallic and even a box for my beads.  The current WIPS are stored in the 12x12 flat boxes and the binders contain patterns I am working on or plan to do in the near future.  Pretty messy right?? 


Here is what is looks like now.   After going thru all of it, I ended up putting things like bibs to stitch on and dish towels I do not plan to stitch anytime soon in a box to put in storage.  By the way it took me over 2 hours to put together, has over 110 screws and I even have the blister in the palm of my hand to prove it, LOL.



The bottom drawers are fabric.
 
 
One of the middle drawers has extra DMC floss, metallic threads and beads in it.  The other drawer (not shown) has all my binders in it.
 

And the top drawers are for specialty fibers, hand dyed flossed and I even have a drawer for misc. small items and the top middle drawer is still empty.
 
 
I just love how organized it is and how nice it looks now. 
 
Last night I finally managed to finish a project after not doing much stitching over the weekend due to all the cleaning and organizing.  This is from Leaflet 109 from The Cricket Collection and is called Painted Egg.  I just love this little guy and I plan to finish it into a flat fold display.  For the month of May I plan to have a display of bird items in my front room, I will post pictures when I get it done.  Right now my Easter stuff is still up, I am hoping to take that stuff down sometime this week.
 

Not sure what my next project is.  I am possibly going to start a SAL project from a yahoo group or something more bird related.  I am picking up an order from 123Stitch later this week so I may wait to start something until I get my order.  Happy Stitching everyone!!

2 comments:

ArchangelDecker said...

I love your bird! He's so cute!

(I totally need to get that leaflet now. The design is so spring like! :) )

Mouse said...

ohhh lovely :) well done on being soooo organised now .. it is so worth it once it is all done and dusted isn't it :) cute birdie too :) love mouse xxxx