Monday, March 21, 2011

Tweet Tea and Shamrocks

I am so glad that I am finally done with the first bird in my Teacup series.  This was a really fun stitch and I am looking forward to stitching the other 2 in the set.  By the way the series is a kit from Bucilla called Birds and teacups.  I did not use the fabric that came the kit, I used a 28 count white linen.


I actually finished this last week and wanted to post it on St. Patricks day but I just never got around to it, LOL.  The pattern is from Vee and Co. and its called Shamrock Circle.  I stitched it using DMC Variations 4045 and 4180.  I also added the lady bug to the center for extra luck.


My next projects will be an Easter ones and hopefully I will also find time to work on my Mystery project, the Christmas SAL and also my HAED project.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Both your pieces are very nice. The bird looks so real, and your shamrocks are really neat. I like the changes you made in the floss and adding the Ladybug.

Erik D Shipley said...

Those are great. What fabric did you use for the shamrock? It looks cool.

Kttycat said...

Pretty!

Crystal said...

Wow, congrats on 2 beautiful finishes. Love the fabric you used on these pieces, did you dye them yourself.