Saturday, November 27, 2010

Goodbye Fall, Hello Winter!

Well I am not sure what happen to Fall, but Winter seems to be here now.  We already have snow here, not a lot at our house but enough to make is nice and cold.  We are suppose to get a storm tomorrow so today I took down all the Fall decorations and took them back to the storage shed and brought home the Christmas ones.  Wow do I have a lot of decorations, LOL, no wonder it take me a week to get them all put up.  I love how it looks when its all done so its worth it.

I did manage to get a few last minute ornaments finished for November so I thought I would post them first before showing off the Christmas ones.


The first one is the November part of the Mini Celebrations from The Stitching Parlor and the other one is the November jar from SanMan Originals.



This is the Hootzi Humbug from Just Nan, he was so much fun to stitch and a lot easier to assemble than I thought it would be.  Thank you Crystal for sending me the link to the tutorial on how to sew it together.

Ok, on to the Christmas stuff.  I do not have much yet but I am sure that there will be more to come.


Here is the December part of the Mini Celebrations from The Stitching Parlor and the December part from the 2009 OakHaven SAL.

Last but not least I am posting the fabric and floss the I have selected for a SAL that I am doing with Crystal and Cat.  We are stitching a project from The Gift of Stitching Magazine called On Christmas Day and its designed by The Cats Whiskers. 


Fabric is a 28 count rose evenweave and the floss colors are White, 729 and 3687.

By the way did I mention how nice it is to finally have high speed internet.  Pictues upload so much faster when your not using dial up for internet access, LOL.  Anywho... I will post pictures of my holiday decorations once they are all up and I am happy with them.

3 comments:

Kttycat said...

Lol guess i'm the one behind now you both have your fabric... eek I better get to the LNS soon! I'm stealing your blue idea so it should be cool to watch each of us do it in a different color.

Wendy said...

LOL better hop to it. Its going to be neat to see each one progress. The floss colors I selected are the same colors as the lights on my tree. I will post pictures of my tree when I get it put up.

Crystal said...

I love your colour choices Wendy, looking forward to starting this.