Thursday, April 29, 2010

A new finish

I finished this one the other day and really liked how it turned out.  This was a kit from Dimensions called Wish and as always I swapped out the lt. blue Aida that came with the kit and used a hand dyed linen instead.  Finished size is 5x7.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

May Sampler

I bought this project last year for my B-day but didn't get around to stitching it until this year.  Its from The Sweetheart Tree and its called May - Emerald & Lily of the Valley.  The picture does not show off its true details.  There are several specialty stitches, some beads and different flosses.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Ornaments

Gee I get to update you on something different this time.  I finally managed to get around to making some more Spring items.  A few of these I stitched last year and managed to get made in to ornaments a few days ago. 

These first two are from a pattern from The Stitching Parlor called Mini Celebrations.  I decided to stitch each one separate and make them into ornaments.  This is the April and May ones.

This is May from the 2009 OakHaven Monthly SAL and SanMan Originals April Jar.

And Last but not least is a project from Sam Sarah Pearls called May Flowers.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010


Its another new moon and time for a TUSAL update.  My jar has bits from the Ugly ducklings, some various Easter ornaments and other small items.  These are the only flowers blooming in my yard right now.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Quack, Quack, Quack, Ribbit

I really thought that this project would take me more than a day to backstitch.  I am finally done with Ugly Duckling project.  This was a really fun stitch and it was fun to take the daily pictures showing the progress.  Now all that is left is the framing which I am in no rush to do, LOL.  Hope you have enjoyed the updates.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Almost Done

I managed to get the entire frog stitched in one day.  I am now done with all the cross-stitching part and have all the back-stitching to do.  I figure it will take me a day or two to finish that part but I do not plan to post any more pictures until I am completly done.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Another 2 Days of Ducks

I am posting 2 more days of stitching on the duckies.  Its getting down to the final section.  At the end of day 12 all  I have left to stitch is the frog.  I like the frog shaped hole that I currently have.

Here is the progress for Day 11.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another Duckie Update

Here is the progress at the end of Day 10.  You can start to see the outline of the "Ugly duckling".

Monday, April 5, 2010

Two Days of Duckie Update

I didn't get a chance to post my duckie update yesterday so I am posting 2 days in one post.  Again the back ground is going quickly.  I am glad that I decided to change the fabric that came with the kit.  The kit came with 18 count ivory Aida cloth and I substituted a 16 count ivory linen instead.  I cannot imaging 4 and 5 stands of floss on the 18 count fabric, the 16 count is bulky enough but its sure looking good.

You can start to see where the frog might be in Day 9.

On Day 8 the back ground is looking great and is really starting to come alive.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Duckies Day 7

I managed to get some more stitched on my Duckies last night.  I am really liking the back ground area around the ducks because its mainly 1/2 stitches using 4 and 5 strands of floss.  It moving along quickly but I am not sure how much I will get done over the next few days with it being Easter tomorrow.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Duckies Day 6

I finally went back to stitching on the duckies. It looks like I managed to get lots stitched on day 6 but its mainly 1/2 stitches made using 4 and 5 strands of floss which goes really quickly. You can see the bottom left corner now.